Skip to content


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:19 pm

Oh, still waters run deep, I will never bemoan w/t taking the net by storm , I just wanted to give a place for people to express positive things about all the actors, so much on the net is so negative, that while this isn't a general buffy board, I do so love this show and every single person that works on it deserves some praise!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:19 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Still Waters Run Deep:

On another site I was bemoaning the fact that W/T seem to have taken the fansites by storm lately, leaving poor Buffy out in the cold rather. And then Xita [bless] comes up with this thread.


Bemoaning? I never go to other sites, but if what you say is true, I'd be jumping up and down for joy. They deserve all the positive attention they can get.

I too think this thread is a wonderful idea, I loved the show before I fell in love the W/T relationship. I am not opposed to a little gushing.

The acting is wonderful. SMG has been nothing less than brilliant this last season. Ah and Glory, so help me, I liked her, even after what she did to Tara. Anya I just love to bits, she is my favourite character after Willow and Tara. Oh well, I love them all. I cannot wait to see what next season has in store for them.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:19 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Lijdrec:
ASH will be sorely missed, he was a glue that bound the Scoobies together.

I have to agree with you Lijdrec, I always enjoyed ASH's performances and will miss his presence as a regular cast member. I'd also like to mention Joel Grey. Even though he had limited screen time he managed to make his character Doc unforgettable. Here's hoping he returns next season.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:20 pm

Umm. Xita, Dr G

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick here...or its my grammar that's crap.

I love Aly and Amber to bits....Aly I've always liked ever since 'My stepmother...', but Amber *sigh* - she will surely break my heart.

Maybe bemoaning was too strong a word, more a comment...or maybe its because I tend to frequent the more W/Tcentric sites...I dunno. But it appears to me that we are all raving about W/T, and justifiably so, they've opened up a few doors that needed to be, and if hetro males like me can respond positively without resorting to dyke jokes and just see a lovely,lovely relationship for what it is [10/10 on the AwwwBless scale] then it can only be for the good.

No, my point is that there was a possibility that the raison-detre for all this - Buffy seems to have been overlooked of late.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, I usually am

------------------
Still Waters Run Deep

*Chief Grader of Miss Kitty fantastico's cat litter*
*Willow and Tara's Official Duvet*
*Buffy's registered Doormat*

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:20 pm

Joining in the general praise for even the [i:60c03d0488]idea[/i:60c03d0488] of this thread...

And I'd like sing the praises of Michelle Trachtenberg as Dawn! Wow. It is soooo hard to act bratty without actually being bratty. Yet she manages. And even more important, you can see what's going on behind her eyes without Michelle doing anything more than listening.

Brava! Here's hoping she has a long and every-growing career before her! And on that day when [i:60c03d0488]BtVS[/i:60c03d0488] ends, Michelle will get her own series not long after! Where Aly and Amber and Nicholas and James and ASH and Juliet and David and Charisma and everybody can guest star!

------------------
"O let my name be in the Book of Love.
If it be there, I care not of
That other book Above...
Strike it out! Or write it in anew.
But let it be in the Book of Love!"
--Omar Kyam

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:20 pm

this is a great topic. because seriously, all buffy characters have a big place in the heart of the show, whether they are new or old. well SMG, is amazingly talented, she really is a natural. Aly , incredible (as we all know), i mean such facial expressions, and can do anything acting wise. Amber, ah Amber what a wonderfully talented actress and writer, and director ha ha, gets right to your heart. michelle, you know, i really see so much in that girl, she is phenominal. Emma, can make me laugh untill i cry, and then has once even made me cry. nicholas, my gosh, so incredibly hilarious. ASH, sheesh the guy is quite an actor, so divirse, and he can sing like i have never heard. james marsters, wow, just wow. Also to Seth green, so diverse in the characters he plays, he can take on anything. marc blucas, great actor, and i am excited to see him in summer catch. Now eliza dushku, *claps* phenominal. There is also one great actor i would love to see back sometime soon, for he just blows me away and that is danny strong who is jonahthan, cause he just knocks me off of my feet, sooo talented. well i have much love for every person who is on buffy or has been on buffy, and hopefully i did not miss anyone who i wanted to mention. and xita thanks for this topic, really great idea.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:22 pm

Oh I agree Still Waters, I think SMG in particular does not see any appreciation from the fans. Without Buffy and SMG the show would just not be. She has a really difficult job. I see how small she is, and that she can pull of being Buffy, vampire slayer at all is a miracle. Yet, I believe her, I believe Buffy can defeat all the evil in the world. Some of her scenes would not work at all if SMG was not able to bring that authority to her character, like the scene at the end in Checkpoint. I really marvel at how she can bring sensitivy (like in the body or Forever) and make me cry and then turn around and make me cheer for her when she kicks ass (please exclude season 4 Buffy who was beyond annoying).

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:22 pm

I think that I am yet to encounter a bad performance on Buffy, though I have not liked some or a badly drawn character - though some are better that others IMHO. We are rather spoilt as fans where the quality is so high. The slightest dip (personally speaking "Ted"), still a tour de force by some other show's standards, is exaggerated to us because we expect the best - and usually get it.
What more can I say, virtually every character has been praised in earlier posts. I agree with it all.

Katharyn

------------------
She's my always

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:23 pm

xita, you hit the nail on the head (i think that is the expression *shrugs*), SMG is just a power house actress, she can do anything, and along with the drama and authority, she is also quite an amazing comedian. This girl, can do absolutely anything.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:23 pm

quote:
Originally posted by april:
although we haven't seen her since season 4, i'd like to put a plug in here for eliza dushku as faith. she made being bad seem oh-so-good. and man was she a hottie in those leather pants!

mmm...faith...


Succinct, as always april. And I wholeheartedly agree. Sky 1 is repeating Season 3 every day right now, and tonight I was able to see Eliza do what she does best; pain, hurt and need all in one single expression. I love the way she frowns and expresses what a whole speech could never do. And she wore shiny leather brown pants. So you know, it's all good.

I too loved Claire Kramer. I think the speech in Tough Love right before she brainsucked Tara kind of added a new dimension to her character for me. Loved her.

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:23 pm

You know, SMG's range totally floored me when she played Faith and Eliza also surprised me too in her portrayal of Buffy. They had each other's personalities down pat. It was wild to see and I don't think they get enough credit for those performances. Smashing.

Clare always had me rolling in the aisles. She brought on the bitchery, the humour and the attitude to spice up the Buffy eps a bit. I think she did a bang up job with Glorificus.

I loved Dawn's growing maturity as her time on BTVS grew longer. Like she was being forced into an adult role and she was wearing it well.

James Marsters was ever so subtle and tortured trying to resolve the duality in Spike's character. There was this love/hate war going on in Spike that he just couldn't make heads or tails of and James made it believable.

Amber and Aly: well, nuff said They rocked the house.

------------------
"Sometimes, we just can't make it on our own. We all need someone to love us, to help remind us that there's good in the world, to keep us from going crazy."

Willow from Dacia's The Dreamer Awakes

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:23 pm

One more post about SMG. In Innocence she played the part of a girl who had just been used by a guy with such believability you would think that it really did just happen to her.

Angelus: It's what? Bells ringing, fireworks, a dulcet choir of pretty little birdies?

As Buffy's (SMG) face begins to crumple up I can feel her pain and I get misty eyed.

------------------
Willow smiles and Tara blows out the candle!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:24 pm

quote:
Originally posted by xita:
I LOVE CLARE KRAMER! Seriously, I wish Glory would make a return one day. I seriously dug that character and Clare got so much better as the season went along, but you know I loved her initially cause of that rant she had with the monk in her first ep. HA HA. So funny.

YESSSSSSSSS!!

Clare Kramer was a charming, almost seductive Biggest Bad. We're all drawn to some 'dark side' now and then....

And her rants just got better and better (as a comic book anti-hero's should). I really enjoyed her rants to Dawn in "Weight of the World". Her comments on human existence seemed to come almost from a heart?!

Of course, Dawn deflated her arguements with just one word, Buffy. Yet, we were drawn back to reality by Joss with a comatose Buffy.

---------------
Tell me, because I wanna know, is this what the poets go on about, this?? Glory in "Weight of the World".

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:24 pm

I don't think it's possible to compliment Sarah's work on Buffy too highly. I remember when this show started the only other show like it was Xena and personally i could never relate to Xena the way i could to Buffy.

I think this is important because, even though Joss has said he never intended the show to be a soap box, Sarah has had an enormous impact as a positive role model for young women.
She deserves a lot of credit for making this role work. In the hands of any less of an actor Buffy wouldn't be a believable character, yet Sarah manages to portray her as realistic, funny, sympathetic and larger-than-life heroic all at once. She's a big part of the reason this show is both critically acclaimed and so popular.

Besides, if Sarah weren't such a superb actor she'd just disappear into the scenery as Alyson stole every scene without even trying.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:24 pm

You know, SMG was the reason I started watching the show, and may I just say, thank you ever so much Sarah.*g* I just love her, she's incredible, but... we all knew that.*g*

I, for one, would like to extend the praise to the Angel-verse - and well, he was in season 3 of Buffy - and say how much I adore Alexis Denisof. Wesley is maybe my fav character on Angel right now, and there's competition there.*g* Really, he managed to make Wesley lovable, which, less face it, wasn't going to be easy after the whole Council fiasco in season 3. So let's hear it for Alexis - plus we all know now that he has...erm.. other qualities as well... *g* (naughty Aly...)

Rose, who at first wanted to praise Andy Hallett cause he rocks my world.. but a choice had to be done. *sigh*

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:24 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Roxton:
I'd also like to mention Joel Grey. Even though he had limited screen time he managed to make his character Doc unforgettable. Here's hoping he returns next season

I'm totally agreeing here. Joel Grey was just so chilling and played the character superbly.

I'm also on the side of the people who thought Clare Kramer did a really good job as Glory. She played her with so much spunk and arrogance and just a bit of craziness too .

Also Michelle Trachtenberg has been awesome. I wasn't that big a fan of Dawn at first, but 'Blood Ties' was the ep that totally sold me. MT made me feel so much for Dawn in that ep, and continued to for the rest of the season. I remember when it was announced that MT had been cast as Dawn and there was some negativity by ppl about the choice, but it was great when the people who had put her down had to eat their words when they saw her brilliant performances, and now she's a fan favourite.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:24 pm

All the actors have really shone in BTVS S5 which has IMO been the best season so far and BBC 2 are showing "Buffy Vs Dracula" next Thus at 6.45 pm. Just hope they don't cut it too much.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:25 pm

My whol bad deal with Riley was ffy's reaction to Riley atthe end of ITW . . . I thught it was completey insulting, not to menton nonsensical, and it made her look like an idiot. Of course, that is nobody's fault but Marti's, but it makes me fear for a Riley return, in the case scenario that Buffy ould run to him nd beg forgiveness for "ignoring" Riley during her mother's eventually-fatal illness, which would make me sick . . .

But intrinistically I actually had little problems with Riley until ITW. A little dull, but so were Ben and Parker.

SMG often comes across as the typical teenybopper actress, but her work on Buffy is simply superb, bewtter than the so-calld "top rate" actresses working on TV today. It rivals Julianna Margulies, my favorite TV actress of all time, an Edie Falco, a supperb actress on a show I don't like very much. Few actresses could balance comedy and drama so well.

Emma is of course, a favorite. She's always funn, which she has to be, cuz they give her the best lines. She has real dramtic potential as well.

James should get more accolades, since Spike is such an odd character to play - sarcastic, violent and ill-tempered at times, yet capable of tenderness and compassion.

ASH is alwets superb, and Michelle is an icnredibly accomplished actress for someone who doesn't have a driver's license yet. Nick is always funny and of course Alyson and Amber are always superb.

------------------
"I tried to be unlovable/why couldn't you do the same?"

-(jewel)

"Spank us 'til Tuesday! We promise to be bad if you do!"
-(drusilla, angel)

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:25 pm

I LOOOOOOVE James Marsters

hehe. i am addicted to Spike. James is in my opinion a phenomenal actor and ohmigod is he beauteous.

Alyson Hannigan and Amber Benson are so wondrously amazing together. Obviously or i wouldn't be here but...

SPIKE! JAMES! wow. yeah. just wow. his charisma. his GORGEOUSNESS and just how cocky and sexy and contradictory his character is...he manages to pull it off paradoxes and all.

he even said so himself...that when Spike is in love he is inspired to great feats of heroism or villainy, is the most tender of lovers and passionate of fighters. mmm mmm good. HEHE.

*~JoJo~*

'and I'm almost out of that nancyboy hair gel I like so much. Quickly! to the angelmobile! away!' - Spike on AtS 'In the Dark'

I

Unregistered(d)
 


The Official We Appreciate ALL Buffy actors/characters Threa

Postby Unregistered(d) » Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:25 pm

I gotta weigh in on the side of Anya and Dawn. I remember being *so* impressed with Michelle Trachtenberg even by "Real Me"... and I went spoiler free for the S5 premiere so you can imagine my face at the end of Buffy vs Dracula! Emma Caulfield is just... great. Comic timing is perfect...

------------------
"I like blinking, I do."

I

Unregistered(d)
 

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design