Skip to content


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

DO NOT POST - BACKUP IN PROGRESS

Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby BBOvenGuy » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:05 am

It's close enough to the start of the weekend for me, anyway...

Saturday afternoon is the first ever [b:45de15e177]Kitten Location Pilgrimage[/b:45de15e177] here in LA. I think we're going to have at least six or seven of us on the tour, and we'll be going to five or six locations around the city. It should be a great time. I'm looking forward to meeting several new Kittens during the day.

Oh, and don't worry... we'll have plenty of pictures and stories to share with all of you.

Sometime this weekend is also the start of Chanukah, so I'd like to say Happy Chanukah to all the Jewish Kittens out there!

As for the W/T question, do you think Willow and Tara would ever go on a pilgrimage of some sort? Would they drive for several hours to visit a location used by their favorite TV show? Or visit some mystical Wiccan spot? Or would they ever drive up to the Bay Area so they could have lunch at Tara's Willow Cafe? What do you think?

Have a great weekend, everyone!

------------------
Remember the Kitten Board Mantra: "Joss is nuts about Tara, Willow/Tara and Amber!"

"...while i'm here, can I just echo what that other guy said? I think it went something like this: Amber Benson.... Amber Benson..." - Joss Whedon, November 6 2001

"Hannigan..... did you hear that?" - Joss Whedon, November 13 2001

I

BBOvenGuy
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:05 am

Yay, it's the weekend!
Insomnia, blah, I can't sleep,again, 3rd night in a row Oh, well, thankfully there's always the lovely kitten board, which is like Walmart and is open 24 hours a day!
Have fun on yur pilgramage L.A. Kittens!
Hope you guys have great time!

I think Willow and Tara would probably go to a special Wiccan spot, I can see that. Maybe some sight seeing on the way,then lunch at the Tara's Willow Cafe..cause tat would just be too cute! I don't see them on the set of a tv show as much, just because they don't seem to watch much tv.
Have a great day everyone!
oh, and Happy Chanukah Jewish kitties, whenever it starts,cause I don't know either..

Amy

[This message has been edited by Xanadu (edited December 08, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:05 am

And a good weekend to all.

I think that Willow and Tara would definitely go and visit the Newgrange megalithic passage grave, located in County Meath, Ireland, on December 21st to see the sun's ray penetrate the tomb through the narrow 62-feet long corridor. Moreover, it may well be the oldest man-made structure on Earth.

info

------------------
Wallpapers

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:05 am

Well I am off to join the relatives for some old fashioned fun and games, and I *really* mean old fashioned fun and games accompanied by some good old fashioned Dutch beer.

I hope everybody else has a wonderful weekend, and to those meeting Xita today: good luck.

As for W/T of course they have to come to Holland and more specifically to my town Hoorn, which way back in the middle ages was a place of refuge for witches, I am not so sure about nowadays though.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited December 08, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:06 am

Happy Saturday!

have fun LA kitties

it's cold here. again. so i'm staying in all weekend listening to emo, reading wuthering heights and drinking hot chocolate.

the weekend just can't get better... well... it could... but it's not going to, so i shall have to make do

------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
Convention review site

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:06 am

heiiii kittens! *waves*
I hope everybody is having a nice weekend.
I'm freezing here. ergh. And my heater is broken, just my luck. ;_;
Anyway, take care!

*huggles*

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:06 am

lmao

I'm sitting here reading fic, wondering where everyone is this fine afternoon, and I just remembered that today was the Kitty pilgrimage. Hope you folks are taking lots of pics, and planning to regale us with tales of your exploits.

Hehe. Or uh, sexploits in some cases. *coughcoughXitacough*

------------------
Shiver me timberless.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:06 am

afternoon all,hope all the kitties have great kittygathering

Tomorrow night is the first night of Hanukkah woo and hoo

Its dry(my hands are chapped and peeling),hot and windy(santa anna winds); very non holiday like but oh well.

My sinuses are clogged,so I'm a little on the icky side,will prolly sleep most of the evening and catch up on my reading.

Have a great day kitties.

------------------
"My heart doesn't stutter" -Tara

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:06 am

You know what I hate???? Being able to wear shorts on my birthday.(Dec 1) You know what else I hate??? Wanting to go out and buy a black leather jacket....realizing that I might never get a chance to wear it....since I'm stil wearing shorts and it's getting close to christmas!!!

-Amy

------------------
"You want to take a picture of my butt?...ummm...OK...You've got two seconds." -Amber

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:07 am

What? Shorts for christmas? I always wear shorts at christmas!...

oh that's right... different hemispheres...

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:07 am

Yeah - shorts it is for Christmas! Well for me anyway. The whole Aussie Christmas thing - not a time for huge overcoats - though I guess I may wear jeans this year. lol

Have fun on your pilgrimage to everyone going! Happy Saturday (although it's Sunday here - you've just made contact with someone from the future! lol).

For a Willow/Tara pilgrimage - hmmm... Willow may want to go to Salem to pay tribute to all the witches who were persecuted there - I'll always remember her watching that History documentary on the witch trials in [i:10c5dc941a] "Intervention": [/i:10c5dc941a]

Willow: Those darn Salem judges...[/i:10c5dc941a]
Tara: Oh honey, let's change it. The discovery channel has koala bears.[/i:10c5dc941a]

So that's a possibility. She may get a bit emotional though - so Tara may have to calm her down. That'd be alright though .

------------------
"...the hardest thing in this world is to live in it..."
~Buffy, The Gift.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:07 am

quote:
Originally posted by Scout*:
Wow, this is great news! It's such a visual book, that if the movie's special effects are done right, it could be stunning. Can't wait.


Actually there already is a movie out there, for 'The Lion, Withch & The Wardrobe.' But it's a cartoon, and fairly old. My g/f has it on tape.

------------------
Buffy: Hot dog surprise. Be still, my heart.
Willow: Call me old fashioned, I don't want anymore surprises in my hot dogs.

--Teacher's Pet.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:07 am

We're back!

Important lesson about Kitten Pilgrimages - [b:313b353cf5]LA Traffic Sucks[/b:313b353cf5]. As a result, we only made it to three sites. They included Torrance High School and THE BRIDGE, though, so we're still calling it a success.

We did have an unexpected bonus at the school, because the side gate was open and we got to go into the quad. Ah, the memories that place brought back. Everywhere you look, there's a scene.

Xita and Shanie had digital cameras with them, so I'm sure there will be pictures and [i:313b353cf5]videos[/i:313b353cf5] up soon. I still have only my film camera, so it'll be a few days before my pictures are ready.

------------------
Remember the Kitten Board Mantra: "Joss is nuts about Tara, Willow/Tara and Amber!"

"...while i'm here, can I just echo what that other guy said? I think it went something like this: Amber Benson.... Amber Benson..." - Joss Whedon, November 6 2001

"Hannigan..... did you hear that?" - Joss Whedon, November 13 2001

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:07 am

quote:
Originally posted by ~Liz:
Actually there already is a movie out there, for 'The Lion, Withch & The Wardrobe.' But it's a cartoon, and fairly old. My g/f has it on tape.

Yep, Mollyig's post mentioned it.

quote:
Originally posted by mollyig*:
Lion was previously adapted by the BBC and in at least one animated version, Variety reported.

I also have it recorded but it's an edited version without the knife scene.

D

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:08 am

Videos . . .

Oh, you mean those two no-audio MPEG clips from The Bridge . . .

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Heh.

*goes to hide now*

------------------
"And where does magick come from? I think magick's in the learning . . ." -- Dar Williams

"And if there is a way to find you, I will find you . . . but threads that are golden don't break easily . . ." -- Tori Amos

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:08 am

Yeah. Videos.

Do you want to start a Pilgrimage multimedia thread or just post here? 'Cause like I said, my stuff won't be ready until the middle of the week.

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:08 am

I remember the Lion, The witch, etc, Beeb series. Appalling. Absolutely appalling. British child actors ugh!! Of course, with the exception of a very few (anyone remember Tucker Jenkins?) whoops, that'll date me, especially admitting I remember watching the first ever ep
Anyway, if they make a Lion ... film, I would watch it (I think) - more chance of me watching that than me EVER going to see Harry Potter (saw the trailer, and, what can I say? British child actors. All over the set *shudder*).
Just a thought, though. Most people seem to have read Lewis' Narnia books, etc, but what about his Sci-fi trilogy? The one that starts with Out of the Silent Planet? If you like the Narnia books, you have to read these. The others are called Voyage to Venus, and That Hideous Strength. Fantastic. Like The Lion, etc, they are full of allegory, etc (Voyage to Venus does become a bit of an essay at one point, although interesting, even for a sleazy agnostic like myself), but the imagery will blow you away, I promise. Go on, try them ...

edited to add: What I was going to say, before I trundled off into a child actors rant (just so you know I'm allowed, I am speaking from - albeit limited - personal experience; and off the set? There just isn't a word polite enough that I can think of, that wouldn't get my wrist slapped by a moderator () suffice to say some just aren't very nice to you, if you haven't gone to Charterhouse effing School, like them). Here I go again ... The quad. And you went. Okay, so how many hallowed places did you touch with quivering fingertips - "oooh, Willow sat here" - and did they have to frisk y'all for flagstones afterwards?

[This message has been edited by Wolfie (edited December 09, 2001).]

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Its Pilgrimage Weekend, Miss Kitty Fantastico! (pictures in

Postby Unregistered(d) » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:08 am

Yeah I am not sure bob, I plan to put up pics from this gathering and make a nice web page for it but for now, I'll just link you to the pics and 2 special videos !
http://xita.org/kitten/lagathering/

Again the best part about these gatherings is meeting new people. Meeting Puff and Spuckie, LadyJ, Zahir was way fun! Bob and Shanie I had met but still way fun to hang out with.

It was so much fun going around the sites, especially going to the high school and pretending to climb the stair railing like Buffy in "Earshot" and the bridge.. oh the bridge. So much fun was had at the bridge.

We posed, we danced (yes available on video through link above) and shanie worshipped the bridge (also available on video). And someone brought up the idea of carving stuff on the bridge, never bring up stuff around me. I took care of the carving w + t and puff did some carving of her own. What a shipper shrine that is. So much fun.

Thanks to everyone that showed up and made it a fun day!

I

Unregistered(d)
 


Return to Board index

Return to Other Backup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design