Skip to content


Willow/Tara DVD Thread

Anything about Willow & Tara, Alyson Hannigan and Amber Benson.

Re: More screen caps

Postby the vamp nurd » Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:46 am

Re Question about Restless, He does slightly, but he mentions Dawn as well.

Sorry I missed church, I was busy becoming a lesbian and worshiping Satan



Bardlet no #27

the vamp nurd
 


Re: Restless

Postby tommo » Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:54 am

You can hack into dvd players to enable them to be multi-region players. There are lots of hack sites on the net, although it's important to remember that if it buggers up your dvd player, nobody but you is accountable. However, I know a lot of people who have hacked their dvd players and they tend to play all discs from different regions just fine.



Incidentally, the dvd player I bought in the US wasn't hackable, even though I got the code from the net for the make and model. I also know that SONY ones aren't easy to get into that way either.



The solution is to buy a cheap multi-region player; there are plenty around and most newer dvd players have that facility on them anyway.



As for using a pc; my laptop has a dvd drive and you do have to set it to play a definitive region. However, if you have a combination of different region discs, you only get five changes before your dvd player sticks on one and will only play that region.



Tara: Nobody messes with my cheese. ~ Bargaincheese Part 2

tommo
 


Re: More screen caps

Postby fontaine13 » Fri Jun 20, 2003 1:14 pm

You can make a PC DVD drive region free but it's not something I would encourage. I had cause to have to do this to my DVD drive not so long ago to fix the fact that I had accidently gotten it stuck on Region 1 and while it worked OK it could easily have destroyed the drive. I took the chance as I had nothing to lose but again I wouldn't recommend it. If you do decide to go ahead then I strongly advise that you also disconnect all your HD before you do it as it could also be accidently destroyed in the process.

"This is my family. I found
it all on my own. It's little and broken but good, yeah, still good"



fontaine13
 


Re: Restless

Postby VicariousSmoochies » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:00 pm

Oh boy. I'm a jeweler not a PC expert...so while I thank everyone for responding to my question, perhaps I should look into buying burned CD's on Ebay for season 5 and 6. Maybe somebody has 'bootlegs' around...seasons they've put on CD and are willing to sell to the general public who are unlucky at computery know how.





Tara: It's not really so much about hating the men



Willow: We're more centered around the girl on girl action

VicariousSmoochies
 


Re: DVD

Postby Scout » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:29 am

I did notice in the little flyer that came with the S4 USA DVDs that they advertised S5 as coming out in 2003, so I guess we'll get S5 before the end of the year, and then S6 won't be far behind.

Scout
 


Re: Restless

Postby danielgm86 » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:02 pm

I was on Fox's Online Team to promote Season 4, and they told us that Season 5 really is going to be be released before the end of the year. I think they are being pretty fast.

danielgm86
 


Re: Restless

Postby Jennpurr » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:53 pm

Well, if they keep doing things the way they have been, we should probably get Season 5 by December. Every six months is what they've been doing. :wink



Jen

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Because you would have done anything for, ME... but look what you did for a complete stranger. In greater love, hath no person, nor Angel, then to give her life for another." ~ Zach to Monica, "Touched By An Angel: I Will Walk With You, P2"

Jennpurr
 


Re: Restless

Postby LokiPromise » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:02 pm

I still find it surprising that the US are still to get these sets compared to the likes of Europe, its usually the other way around.

BB:Hello Xander...and Anya, how is your money?!

A:Fine!Thank you for asking!

LokiPromise
 


Re: Restless

Postby sheila wt » Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:14 pm

The US get the DVDs later than Europe because of syndication contracts.





--------------------------
"She had tasted Willow on her tongue, and she had worn Willow on her skin. There wasn't a shower in the world that could have washed that away." (Terra Firma, by Tulipp)

sheila wt
 


Re: Restless

Postby Jennpurr » Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:19 pm

:miff

||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Because you would have done anything for, ME... but look what you did for a complete stranger. In greater love, hath no person, nor Angel, then to give her life for another." ~ Zach to Monica, "Touched By An Angel: I Will Walk With You, P2"

Jennpurr
 


Re: Restless

Postby the vamp nurd » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:24 am

Hey jenpurr don't sulk, 'cause you get the better DVDs, the pix change and you don't have SMG looking like a twig on the front, not offence ment to SMG fans, but give me AB any day

Sorry I missed church, I was busy becoming a lesbian and worshiping Satan



Bardlet no #27

the vamp nurd
 


S5 R1 DVD Release Date

Postby ConspiracySquirrel » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:48 pm

ConspiracySquirrel
 


Dec Release

Postby DaffyQDuck » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:00 pm

Thanks Squirrel--I'm relieved they aren't waiting til January, but since Buffy merchandise is tanking I hoped it'd be a bit earlier.

It wasn't our world anymore, they made it theirs and they had fun - Willow

DaffyQDuck
 


I'm heartbroken!

Postby Jennpurr » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:56 am

Lisa, from one of my W/T groups posted this yesterday. Does anyone know anything about this?



Quote:
Hi,



I just received the following, disappointing e-mail from Amazon.com. They write:

>>Greetings from Amazon.com.

>>

>>We are sorry to report that the release of the following

>>item has been cancelled:

>>

>> "Buffy Vampire Slayer: Season 5"

>>

>>Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've

>>since found that it will not be released after all. Please accept

>>our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience we have caused you.

>>

>>We have cancelled this item from your order.

>>

>>Your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED for this item because you only

>>pay for items when we ship them to you.

>>

>>Your order is now closed.

>>

>>Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address

>>that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

>>

>>Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com, and we hope to see you again.

>>

>>Sincerely,

>>

>>Customer Service Department

>>Amazon.com... And You're Done

>>www.amazon.com

>>




I'm hoping this is just a temporary delay, but has anyone heard otherwise? :pray



Jen





||My Fan Fiction and More!|| ||My Yahoo Group|| ||September 11th 2001 - An on-line Memorial||
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"I am... a machine!" ~ Arnold as The Terminator, "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines"

Jennpurr
 


Re: Dec Release

Postby LokiPromise » Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:07 pm

Man that has to suck jenn if its true:miff . However, if they hadn't started putting together the S5 R1 DVD and with Buffy merchandise going down the drain, then it seems that it might be the case. Theres always the R2 set available especially if you can play R2 DVD's.

BB:Hello Xander...and Anya, how is your money?!

A:Fine!Thank you for asking!

LokiPromise
 


Re: I'm heartbroken!

Postby tyche » Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:41 pm

A poster on the Angel's Soul Spoiler Board reported receiving the same email from Amazon:

www.voy.com/14810/132998510.html

Apparently the S5 DVD is just being listed as 'out of stock' at Amazon, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

tyche
 


Re: Dec Release

Postby DaffyQDuck » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:02 pm

Yeah, it's odd 'cause I hadn't even seen that it was available for pre-order, it seems too early for pre-order based on past ones.



Since they put the UK version together, they might as well release it here & get as many bucks from the die-hards as they can.

It wasn't our world anymore, they made it theirs and they had fun - Willow

DaffyQDuck
 


Re: s5 DVD

Postby sam7777 » Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:23 pm

Amazon will send that kind of email out if the item has been rescheduled for release. It's possible that Fox has moved the release to next year on the DVD set. I'm not planning to get it but it's possible that Fox has pulled it form the original release date of Dec 9th and plans to release it at a different date. Amazon may have pulled the listing and preorders on their site in anticipation of the new release date.

_____________________

I see dead lesbian cliches

Edited by: sam7777  at: 7/30/03 1:51 pm
sam7777
 


Re: s5 DVD

Postby kajo 2000 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:30 am

This subject is also being discussed at TBC&S - someone posted there that he e-mailed Fox to find out what is going on and here is the reply he received:



Quote:
Fox has yet to set a release date for Buffy Season 5. I'm not too sure why Amazon has sent out that message.



Thank you,



Megan R

Fox Consumer

888-223-2369

MeganR@4icc.com


---------

"I want to be Byron... because I want to date young boys." Amber Benson

kajo 2000
 


Re: s5 DVD

Postby DaffyQDuck » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:57 pm

Hhmmm, what happened to the 12/9 date?

It wasn't our world anymore, they made it theirs and they had fun - Willow

DaffyQDuck
 


Re: s5 DVD

Postby DaffyQDuck » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:10 pm

I killed this thread, but now I'm bringing it back. Amazon emailed me saying S5 is available for pre-ordering, so I ordered it. It's again scheduled to be released on 12/9.

It wasn't our world anymore, they made it theirs and they had fun - Willow

DaffyQDuck
 


Re: s5 DVD

Postby LokiPromise » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:34 pm

Well thats good news since IMO its a good set and the season wasn't bad either.

BB:Hello Xander...and Anya, how is your money?!

A:Fine!Thank you for asking!

LokiPromise
 


Re: s5 DVD

Postby xita » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:38 pm

I don't feel guilty for wanting them on dvd. Ebay sounds like an option.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."


-Me & Bobby
McGee

xita
 


Re: s5 DVD

Postby umgaynow » Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:16 pm

Well, I am also waiting rather impatiently for the release of Season 5...last I heard we were looking at a December release date...I manage a video store so I know about this stuff before hand for pre-ordering...has not come up specifically in catalogs yet...but as soon as the pre-order date is definite I'll let ya all know...I get mine at cost ;)

umgaynow
 


Re: s5 DVD

Postby WebWarlock » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:26 am

Used record/CD stores are also a good choice.



Support a local biz and not one dime goes to Fox/ME.



Personally, I am just going to download them off of the net IF I choose to get them at all, and right now I have no desire to do so. Hell, I even threw out all my tapes.



Warlock

-----

Web Warlock

The Other Side,
home of Liber Mysterium: The Netbook of Witches and Warlocks:
Available October 31st, 2003!


“Well-behaved women rarely make history.” - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich,
Professor Harvard University.

WebWarlock
 


Re: s5 DVD

Postby sam7777 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:43 am

Used record/CD stores are a great option. I now get all my CD's and alot of my DVD's there. I want to buy CD's but not give one dime to the RIAA and the record companies. My local shop also has a great selection of DVD's and cheaper than in the regular store.

_____________________

I see dead lesbian cliches

sam7777
 


Re: Willow/Tara DVD Thread

Postby tyche » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:57 pm

There’s going to be a series of new DVDs (only available in the UK I think) which feature episodes focusing on particular characters. Willow is one of the characters they're focusing on, and her DVD features ‘Phases’, ‘Doppelgangland’, ‘Wild at Heart’ and ‘New Moon Rising’. There’s also a ‘Best of Buffy’ DVD coming out, featuring episodes voted for by viewers. Interesting that none of the chosen episodes are from two particular seasons…

Full details and a photo of the Willow DVD cover at the link below (the Willow details are at the bottom of the page):

www.buffy.nu/article.php3...ticle=2356



tyche
 


Re: s5 DVD

Postby xita » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:09 pm

They're trying to sell and sell stuff everyone already has. I don't see why anyone would buy that unless of course there cut scenes from NMR.

- - - - - - - - - - -
"Hard work often pays off after time but laziness always pays off now!"


xita
 


Re: Willow/Tara DVD Thread

Postby BFR from Paris » Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:37 am

Quote:
There’s going to be a series of new DVDs (only available in the UK I think) which feature episodes focusing on particular characters. Willow is one of the characters they're focusing on, and her DVD features ‘Phases’, ‘Doppelgangland’, ‘Wild at Heart’ and ‘New Moon Rising’.
Oooooooh I made the French subtitles for that!!!! I confirm there's nothing new, no deleted scenes or anything... but it's MY French subtitles! :grin

BFR from Paris
 


Easter eggs on S6 DVD (R2)

Postby tyche » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:38 pm

Quote:
From Dvdeastereggs.com

BTVS Season 6 DVD - Easter Eggs Description

TITLE: Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Season #6

YEAR: 2002

REGION: R2 Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East

STUDIO: Fox

GENRE: TV Classics

Hidden Featurette

Submitted on 8/22/2003 by Tuft

Disc 2 : go to Once more with feeling - language - click resume then up and B will appear click on and you will find a mini featurette about the Tower records store signing for the Once More soundtrack

DVD-Rom Feature

Submitted on 8/22/2003 by Tuft

Disc 4 : go to Doublemeat Palace - Language - click over to resume the up and B will appear. Click on and a screen tells you that there is a dvd rom feature for a call sheet for Normal Again.




Just posting this as I think Amber was involved in the Tower Records signing they mention, so there might be some extra footage of her there.

tyche
 

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Witches and Vixens

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design