Skip to content


Poems

Post your original creative efforts here. Fan art IS allowed in this forum. Absolutely no fanfic!

Poems

Postby Shadowygirl » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:19 pm

Well its been a while since I've written anything even been on this site , I've been busy with life lol .... well here are some things .. hope you like please dont be too harsh hah

love ya'll missed yous even more


Coffee with an enemy

I'm having coffee again with my enemy
sitting on the other side of the coffee cup she stares at me
looking through me
into my soul
knowing everything I never wanted to share
and everything that could one day
will one day make me fall
everyday around this time she meets me here
to stare at me
not saying a word
to scare me
not making a sound
to chill me
not moving an inch
a few moments a day
a few more walls she builds
beating on me without touching me
she reads
she looks away and reads
but I still feel her icy gaze
her frozen love
for me
I'm sitting on the other side of the coffee cup
again
wondering when this is going to end
if it is going to end


~~~~~~~


Purity

It was I who thought you write poems about what you feel
to the depths of your soul
and to the tips of your fingers
so I have written
about love
loss of love
I have written about death
being obsessed
being wanted
being needed
I have written till I can't think straight
till my fingers feel like they are pouring my hearts blood
till I can't see straight
till I can't write
not a single word more
and I have thought does it matter
I have wondered if my words have sunk into someone that isn't myself
so deep that it moves them
or makes them cry
like I have many nights
I wonder if they have read my thoughts and related
if they have a favourite and read it over and over again
and I have realised it doesn't matter
I will be here writing every thought
every feeling I have
from now until forever
even if not a single person picks them up to read
if not a single soul likes a thing I've written
I will still be here
writing , being obsessed with words
putting every thought into something so simple as a poem
writing is like feeling everything at once
its like a pianist playing his favourite song
or a baseball player playing a perfect game
It is movement without thought
it flows without stopping
and it ends when ends
It is my own truth
as purely stated as it can be ...


~~~~~~~


Rippled

I am standing here in this life that is mine
watching the rain fall down
pooling at my feet
its that time where the trees fall to pieces right before my eyes
like every other year
but this isn't every other year
remembering a time I had alone
with so many
not to long ago
when I loved without holding back
and touched as if I had never been burned
yet now I wonder how the sun can shine so bright
blindingly bright, before my eyes
how it acts as if nothing has changed
like nothing is wrong
why are the birds so happily singing
while I am here being haunted by these beautiful days
my hearts been ripped through my rib cage
strangled till I could not breathe no more
and not by one I've loved
but by many I've lost
my tears stopped flowing
so are you going to cry for me
I can see the tears behind your eyes
the slight shimmer they add to that beautiful gray
I am watching you , you know
I've always been watching you
the way you moved so freely before life got in your way
the way you felt so easily before this pain showed you who I really am
I know what it is you're feeling
I've been feeling it for a long time
I can see it in your broken eyes
I've seen it in my own every day
I can hear it in your quiet sobs
because I've laid alone under this old tree and cried till all my tears had turned me to rust
You're looking at me again
unbelieving you stare at me
like I'm not even here
tearing through me as if I'm thin paper that's standing in your way
do you understand how I hurt when I look at you
and see the pain
the lives you've lived even though you're still so young
I can tell you're crying for me now
your tears have fallen into the puddle I've been staring into for so long
they are rippling my image of you
my image of me
just like the emotions I feel
rippled




Well there you go hope they aren't too bad its been a few months since I've been able to write anything

Love April
User avatar
Shadowygirl
3. Flaming O
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:09 pm
Location: Hamilton Canada


Re: Poems

Postby LesbianJedi87 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:24 pm

April! You're back! (kinda lol) With the poems! Oh have I missed your poems! I hope you plan on posting more! And soon! Ive missed ya and hope you're doin well!
-Rose
User avatar
LesbianJedi87
17. Mega-Witches
 
Posts: 2673
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ


Re: Poems

Postby SJ » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:32 am

Great poems :clap
SJ
23. Volumey Text
 
Posts: 3787
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:39 pm
Location: UK


Re: Poems

Postby Shadowygirl » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:48 pm

Thank you thank you

I'm glad a few people read them and liked them as far as I know and yes Rose I am back full force lol kinda I still dont have much to write but I do have over 400 poems put away for times like these lol

so here is another one and I dont know if I had this posted on my old page but I can't find it to look so here it is any how


~ Never be seen ~


I’m hiding in a corner
With my arms crossed
Head down
Head phones on
I don’t need these people to see

Its not so bad being alone
This way no one gets hurt
I’m just a shadow anyhow
To those that matter

Might be lonely in my little world
But I have things to keep me company

And I’m the girl you see
But walk through
And I’m the girl you like
But hate
The one you talk at
Instead of to
And I’m that girl who speaks
But is never heard
I am that girl

The one on every corner
In every mall
The one that catches your eye
But you keep on walking
I’m the one with the sad smile
And the bitter eyes
Maybe the girl you grew up with
I’ll keep my head down
And stay out of your way
You’ll bump into me
Say your sorry
Keep on walking
Never really noticed me
Just an object in your way


I am the girl that will never be seen
~~~~~~

Personal pride

I am me
a person
that is lost in the confusing world that you have made
I am held back
tied up
my mouth tapped shut

so I can not speak my mind
so I can not say what I want to say

What have I been thinking
day after day
week after week
the thoughts never go away

FREE COUNTRY!
that is almost like a joke
which country is free
because it is not this one
this one
this free country
we have to guard ourselves
watch our mouths
speak to much
get banished into a life of solitary living

Never tell what is on your mind
it might be wrong of you to think that thought
what is wrong with you!
you thought about her that way

A CRIME!
everything is a crime
every movement, every push and pull
everything we go through
to be who we are

SHAME ON YOU!
everything I do
should be shamed
or so they keep saying in my ear
screaming in my ear

YOU FOOL!
yes I am to believe that this place is truly free
how could I hide any longer
I couldn't
I could be a fool
well I thought someone was on my side
fooled


And we keep fighting
we keep giving
just so that they can keep taking
but we can't stop if we do we will end with nothing
just like we will
end with nothing
nobody
we will be held captive with nothing
in this place that is so easily confusing
with nobody
but pride
Pride!
it is the only thing they can not take from me
not willingly

Poem 8
Cry

She Cries
As quiet as snow she cries
and I swallow her words
pennies on my tongue
blood in my throat
burning
staining me permanently
washing me clean
and I give her more and more
all that I have
She takes
everything
greedily
and she cries
even though
those harsh words were her own
She bleeds of her own will
she hates the things she's done
she does
she surrendered to me
she needs like I need
this hurt
this love
this crazy joy
excruciating pain
There's fight and kill
warmth and need
all in a simple lovingly stone cold glare
Now I'm far away
here but far away
and this is as gentle as I've ever felt
and it hurts to hear her say my name
so I cry as hard as rain
I cry




Poem 9

Paper love

When your words are your hands
and my heart is your note book
will you write the story of your life on my bleeding heart
will you shape me to your will
paint your pleasure on my weeping soul
with your tender fingers
move my body like the wind tossing pages
and when you are finished
will you read me
like an antique paper back
touched by so many
will you read me



Poem 10
Lost inside my own confusion

I'm clutching at this invisible wall above my head
Have to get out , break through
Touch me, save me
Help me ,hurt me
Kill me
Make it stop
make it go away, some how
kiss me
till I can't feel anything
I want this burning pain
so fierce that it feels so bad
but hurts so good
strip me
clothes and skin
everything till I'm safe again
make me new again
scared
and hurting
and always alone
so alone
terrified and enraged
and will you stop
walk away
leave me here
standing with my arms wrapped around myself
holding on for everything that I'm not worth
feeling ashamed for something
I don't know what
but something
and my ghosts are closing in
above my head
smirking
laughing
and I'm sorry
I'm so sorry
I couldn't save myself
and there's something I need to know
I really have to know
does this hurt more then you can bare
does it hurt more then unforgiving tears
don't stop
even though it's breaking my heart
please I'll beg you not to stop
kiss me
once more
and it feels like its our first time
our one and only time
and it feels like its goodbye
then you pull away with unshed tears behind your eyes
and its grief
and regret
and its so painful that it doesn't hurt anymore
everything we've lost along the way
everything that could but never will be
I have to go away
get out, break free
Touch me, save me
Help me ,hurt me
Kill me
Make it stop
make it go away, some how
kiss me
till I can't feel anything
safe
make me safe


Poem 11
Angel

Angel of creation
close your eyes
and turn away
I do not need you to see me
sitting here crying to myself
lying to myself

Angel of Mercy
take my hand
walk me through the fire
that's been suffocating me
turning me into ash
I can not rise like the phoenix
I am not strong like the phoenix


Angel of love
open my heart
Open my eyes
and open my soul
show me that I am not nothing
teach me I am able to love

Angel of strength
breathe into me
take me from this pain
and ease my mind
make me strong again

Angel of life
hold me
forgive me
say you're sorry
make me forget
but make me believe

Angel of death
remember me



Poem 12
The devil’s in your soul

Wish your eyes would close for just a moment
Here in this mixed up
Beat down
Messed around world
Just for one moment
To take a breath
To look around
And see what is here
What’s beyond everything you think is there
Everything you’ve ever known
And if the scary monsters in your mind would leave you alone
Give you a break
You wouldn’t have to hide under your covers
Keep you in the dark
Snuggled with your teddy bear
From the child hood you wish you had once again
And the memories that wont leave
The ones that haunt you
That are supposed to be friendly
Supposed to remind you of times unforgiving
And you’ll smile your pretty fake smile
And bat your pretty eyelashes
They won’t know because they wont look
And you wont show what you don’t want them to see
But I see
I can see past all the walls and vales
The paper thin lies
And the forbidden looks
There’s an angel dancing on your shoulder
And a devil in your heart
I know what you want and I see who you really are
And who you really want to be
A wild child at heart
an innocent angel for all to see
Only momentarily you are real
And every now and then I know
I can see the girl you used to be
But lately the only girl I know is one who is trying to break free
Trying to control the devil that’s driving your soul



So here are a few more Paper Love is my fav so far , I have it published in a few books and have won 2 awards for it :D I'm kinda actually proud of that and its all because of Mike and Arron that I actually let people read them lol ... so thanks guys ;)

Oh and Personal Pride was a rant , I love that poem because it reminds me of my boss whom is screwing me into not being able to get a job anywhere so long story short it makes me think of him and I like how I feel after reading it and the truth behind it I think its one of the most truthful poems I've written ... so ya anyhow thanks for reading

lots of love

April
User avatar
Shadowygirl
3. Flaming O
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:09 pm
Location: Hamilton Canada


Re: Poems

Postby SJ » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:10 am

cool you've beeen published and have won awards :-D
I liked all your poems,great expressive writing.
SJ
23. Volumey Text
 
Posts: 3787
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:39 pm
Location: UK


Return to Board index

Return to The Inward Eye

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design