Skip to content


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

DO NOT POST - Backup in Progress

New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Kath » Sun Jul 01, 2001 7:21 am

Both Willow & Tara feature in the new Buffy Top Trumps card set. Which we happily purchased from FP Manchester yesterday.

If you're wondering who beats who at what here are the stats (the results are hardly surprising)

Combat Daytime - Willow gets 3 Tara gets 1
Combat Nighttime - Wil gets 2 Tara gets 1
Fright Factor - Each get 1
Killer Rating - Wil gets 25% Tara gets 10%
Intelligence - Wil gets 99% Tara gets 89%

I can also type up the character info from the bottom of the cards if anyone wants to read it.

Kath
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Kath » Sun Jul 01, 2001 7:51 am

I forgot to say that I can post scans tomorrow if anyone is interested...
Kath
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby minion » Sun Jul 01, 2001 8:50 am

IF we want scans, you're kidding right

Scans would be great for we sad people who live in the wilds and who have no access to cool shops that sell stuff like that!!

------------------
I am in thunderous agreement, oh glittering, glistening Glorificus! : Jinx in Tough Love

minion
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Ed Wood » Sun Jul 01, 2001 8:51 am

I'm very much interested in character info and scans, thanks!

Does Miss Kitty have a card

[This message has been edited by Ed Wood (edited July 01, 2001).]

Ed Wood
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Kath » Sun Jul 01, 2001 8:59 am

There is no Miss Kitty card! Sorry!

Scans on their way!

Character info as follows:

Willow card - Whip-smart and sweet, she's the gang's walking contradiction, all common sense and sweet romanticism. Willow has blossomed from a computer-whizz wallflower to self-taught Witch. Boyfriends: Xander (at 5 years old) and Oz (werewolf).

No mention of Tara there!

Tara card:

Tara met Willow at an on-campus wiccan group. They became friends because of a mutual interest in spell casting. Their combined wiccan abilities are tested successfully on more than one occasion. Tara is welcomed into the gang soon after Willow welcomes Tara into her heart.

Thats it!

Is anyone else planning on buying these cards?

[This message has been edited by Kath (edited July 01, 2001).]

Kath
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby minion » Sun Jul 01, 2001 9:03 am

quote:
Originally posted by Kath:
Tara is welcomed into the gang soon after Willow welcomes Tara into her heart.


Oh my God is that cute or what?

I guess it's the subtlest way of saying they're an item

------------------
I am in thunderous agreement, oh glittering, glistening Glorificus! : Jinx in Tough Love
quote:

minion
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Me » Sun Jul 01, 2001 10:56 am

I think i'll buy em
Me
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby tommo » Sun Jul 01, 2001 11:09 am

Sorry, but the name Top Trumps always makes me laugh....

------------------
"Tara had never felt as good about herself in her life. Willow gave her that gift. And another gift. Tara couldn't quite bring herself to call it love. Not yet. But there was time." ~ Unseen: The Burning

tommo
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Kabuki » Sun Jul 01, 2001 10:44 pm

Um. Is this a game of some kind?

*waves arms around to indicate lost-ness*

Kabuki
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Kath » Mon Jul 02, 2001 11:09 am

Yes top trumps is a game

Tara card scan at toptrumpa01.jpg

Edited to add:

Willow card scan at willowtrump.jpg

[This message has been edited by Kath (edited July 02, 2001).]

Kath
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby taras_girl » Mon Jul 02, 2001 11:39 am

Like i needed another excuse to spend my wages on Buffy stuff! I think i'll have to get my local comic store to order me a set... along with the new mini Buffy cast cout-out things they have... has anyone seen them? They have a Tara one, and as well as there being photo ones, there are a few cartoon ones... altho i don't know which chartacters have both. Buffy does, and so does Spike, but the piccie i have is kinda small. I'll scan them in if/when i get them.

------------------
Working to spread W/T cuteness throughout the UK! (or at least Dorset)

taras_girl
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Kath » Mon Jul 02, 2001 11:48 am

I'll definately be getting the pop-out people thing. So I'll definately do some scans for everyone.
Kath
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby xita » Mon Jul 02, 2001 11:49 am

Are these available in the states? And they really should review Willow's stats, I mean since Tough Love I wouldn't want to mess with Willow. Thanks Kath.
xita
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Kath » Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:04 pm

Pop out people definately available in the states. As for the Top Trumps I have no-idea try checking out www.buffycards.co.uk . They might have more info.
Kath
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Dr.G » Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:18 pm

Thanks for the scans Kath.

I like Tara's although she deserves more in the way of fighting credit, she did take care of that demon in Superstar and helped teleport Glory away, or are those more defensive skills?

I am annoyed by the fact that Willow's boyfriends are listed, but not *THE* girlfriend.
We need a new deck o'cards.

------------------

Amber Benson has really nice hair and I want her shampoo.

Dr.G
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby xita » Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:19 pm

Dude, I didn't even notice that Garfield. Darn, I am mad now, I mean they should know better, they have a Tara card.
xita
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Kath » Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:25 pm

I think they were skirting the lesbian issue because the game is aimed at a young audience really. Could also have something to do with Section 28 and not promoting homo-sexuality too.
Kath
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby TaraMaclay » Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:47 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Kath:
There is no Miss Kitty card! Sorry!

Is anyone else planning on buying these cards?


No 'Miss Kitty' card... Damn!!!

If anyone would like to steer me towards who sells them in the US, I will certainly buy the set. Or if anyone wants to buy another complete set (however many card there are). I would certainly send money out to them for it.


quote:

TaraMaclay
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Dr.G » Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:48 pm

Kath you are probably right, alas. Though how simply stating Tara is her girlfriend equals promoting homosexuality is beyond me. If they cannot bring themselves to say that, at least get rid of the boyfriends then. Who she has dated does not define Willow.

I had hoped this was simply an old card. I may be taking this too seriously, but things like this annoy me to no end.
Still, it is probably better to focus on the goodness here: the fact that Tara *has* a card, and it *does* say that Willow has let her into her heart. That is a sweet if somewhat subtextual comment.

Dr.G
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby TaraMaclay » Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:51 pm

Oh!! And I forgot. Thanks to Kath for the scans.

And do you know if there is a 'Glory/Ben' card(s). Probably not, but I wanted to ask.

[This message has been edited by TaraMaclay (edited July 02, 2001).]

TaraMaclay
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby gypsyfoot » Tue Jul 03, 2001 4:14 am

Kath- great scans thank you and thank you for the information.
Xita- good call on the Willow stats, no wonder you are our leader.
Does the phrase "did anyone order an apocalypse" ring any bells? (Does anyone care Aly is in the middle of Apocalypse (ok more towards the end)).
This is not what Kath was posting about, but are these cards a good deal? http://shop.store.yahoo.com/wizardworld ... album.html

------------------
Angel: Are you gonna tell me that I'm jealous?
Willow: Well, you do sometimes get that way. 2/7

gypsyfoot
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby flip18 » Tue Jul 03, 2001 5:53 am

There isn't a Ben/Glory card. The TT set only goes up to Season 4. If you're in the UK you can get them from Forbidden Planet for 2.99 - a veritable bargain
flip18
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby april » Tue Jul 03, 2001 8:33 am

quote:
Originally posted by xita:
And they really should review Willow's stats, I mean since Tough Love I wouldn't want to mess with Willow.

that's exactly what i was thinking. i mean, all they have to do is mention "i. owe. you. pain." to glory, and i imagine *she'll* have a bit to say about willow's 'killer rating'.

and what about cuteness? they forgot the cuteness rating!quote:

april
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby tommo » Tue Jul 03, 2001 12:11 pm

Kath, I honestly can't see Section 28 affecting this. It's just low profile because we're only at the end of Season 4 over here on terrestrial tv most likely.

------------------
"Tara had never felt as good about herself in her life. Willow gave her that gift. And another gift. Tara couldn't quite bring herself to call it love. Not yet. But there was time." ~ Unseen: The Burning

tommo
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby Kath » Thu Jul 05, 2001 10:58 am

Anyways I'm glad you guys liked the scans
Kath
 


New 'Buffy Top Trumps' cards

Postby wolfdog » Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:02 pm

If you head over to ebay right now, someone is selling the sets for 10 dollars each.
wolfdog
 


Return to Board index

Return to Novogate Backup Kitten

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design