Willow's Puppy posted these at the Conclave...
They're small but it's better than nothing 
In case some of you are wondering what the MEAT pic is about, each girl is holding a sign with the first letter of their name and in case you didn't notice, they're the girls from American Pie 1 and 2.
[This message has been edited by Warduke (edited June 04, 2001).]
IP: Logged
morgan1707 Doll's eye crystal
Posts: 83 Registered: Apr 2001 | posted June 04, 2001 13:33 Alyson looks very sexy in those pics, thanks for posting them!What a little minx! IP: Logged |
darvangi Tara Ass
Posts: 629 Registered: Sep 2000 | posted June 04, 2001 14:03 Thanks for the pics, Brian! Ok, do I even want to know what the 'meat' reference is all about? Probably not. Look! Aly's doing another dance move in that first pic! We need am MPEG of the whole dancing episode.With that heavy eye make up, she has a kind of cat-like look. Am I crazy for saying that? I really do see a feline thing going on there. IP: Logged |
Arwen Cool Monster Fighter
Posts: 165 Registered: Apr 2001 | posted June 04, 2001 16:19 Cool...aly pics, thanks! You're right, her outfit is...interesting. She's still our adorable Aly though. :-)Not to sound prudish or anything, but with people like Lil Kim, Christina, Pink, etc.. have they no sense of taste? Sure, I think it's sexy just like the next person when someone wears something really flattering, but outfits, or rather lack of ones like the one lil kim had on is just plain bad taste, bad manners, and gross. I'd rather see someone in a suit like Erika Dushku had on in her 'van pose' for her new movie, than seeing someone basically naked advertising it to the entire world. Nothing classy about that in my opinion, I think there is a place and time for certain outfits, and television awards isn't one of them. I think classy gets more respect than..whatever that is. edited to add: okay, you can start calling me a prude now.  ------------------ "I'm just taking stuff and not paying for it. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?" Willow to Anya, "Triangle" [This message has been edited by Arwen (edited June 04, 2001).] IP: Logged |
*Willow* Doll's eye crystal
Posts: 57 Registered: Apr 2001 | posted June 04, 2001 16:42 Hey,love the pics warduke! Thank you very much! I live in europe and we have to wait till june 16th, to see the movie awards aired here...everything is sooooo slow here in europe.....so it was great to see some pics so "early"... *willow*
IP: Logged |
Willows Puppy Cool Monster Fighter
Posts: 201 Registered: Oct 2000 | posted June 04, 2001 17:07 Hemiola: Didn't you say something slightly different over at the Kitten Board ? Somethink like "the MTV Movie Awards are more funky so her outfit should be more punky" ? I seem to remember something like that .....*Willow*: Don't worry - I'm sure we will have screencaps before then - Nick (Dead Dog) knows about it ... wait, you said they air in Europe ? Where ? When ? Yummy ! Warduke: Didn't somebody post them here already ? That's why I didn't - I didn't want to double-post .... I really like her outfit after I had some time to digest - it fits the occasion .... IP: Logged |
Kabuki Doll's eye crystal
Posts: 69 Registered: Apr 2001 | posted June 04, 2001 17:11 That MEAT pic really bugs me. Grrr. *swallows angry feminist rant*On anyone else, that outfit would look really ugly, but Aly's workin it. Have to see it live to be sure, though. I'd better go convince one of my pals with MTV to tape it for me. IP: Logged |
Warduke Big Pineapple
Posts: 1142 Registered: Nov 2000 | posted June 04, 2001 17:17 Willows Puppy, nope they weren't posted here before.IP: Logged |
Dazey Willowhand
Posts: 499 Registered: Mar 2001 | posted June 04, 2001 18:12 Egads...Christina Aguilera looks more like Dee Snider every day.But ooh, saucy Aly! True, her taste in clothing makes Willow look like...uh...somebody with good taste in clothing (leave me alone, I had a rough weekend), but hey, she's always unique. Although I think her shoes are exceeding the legal limit for strappiness. IP: Logged |
Roxton Strong like an Amazon
Posts: 2628 Registered: Sep 2000 | posted June 04, 2001 20:31 Thanks for posting the pics Brian, does Aly ever look sexy in them. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like Aly's outfit, I think it's kind of cute.  IP: Logged |
wiltar4evr Cool Monster Fighter
Posts: 176 Registered: Mar 2001 | posted June 04, 2001 23:38 Thank you Queen of Denial. I usually watch the MTV movie awards but now I really can't miss it this year. Yeah Aly is presenting!!!  ------------------ WILLOW: ...I'd totally be blowing off classes if I was in Dawnie's shoes. TARA: Sweetie, you wouldn't blow off class if your head was on fire. IP: Logged |
Willows Puppy Cool Monster Fighter
Posts: 201 Registered: Oct 2000 | posted June 05, 2001 12:12 Warduke: Yeah, my memory is kinda crappy ..... thanks for rectifying my "mistake" ....Roxton: But it's a comfortable minority, isn't it ? I think she looks great - although I couldn't fail to notice that she seems to be going for "brunette" again - or it could be the pics ..... Dazey: There is a legal limit for strappiness ?  IP: Logged |
tommo Strong like an Amazon
Posts: 2556 Registered: Sep 2000 | posted June 05, 2001 12:15 Oh Aly looks very much like a...heh heh... a vixen there...I wonder if this is being shown in the UK on MTV? Does anyone know? ------------------ "It doesn't matter, really, if I don't see Willow tonight, she knew. Willow was in her life, for keeps. That was what mattered." ~ Tara, Unseen: The Burning IP: Logged |
darvangi Tara Ass
Posts: 629 Registered: Sep 2000 | posted June 05, 2001 12:48 Ruth, the mtv UK site (http://www.mtv.co.uk/) says that it will be shown June 9th at 8pm.The more I think about it, yeah, what Aly's wearing does seem pretty appropriate for the occasion. MTV is the place to find obnoxiously tacky and overtly sexy clothing, so she's pretty much just blending in, and doing a good job of it. I'm changing my mind and giving it a thumbs-up. IP: Logged |
Hugin Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Posts: 787 Registered: Sep 2000 | posted June 05, 2001 13:18 (It's been a slow day, I slogged through thw whole MTV picture folder at ezuma)I have to agree. A certain level of transgressive tackiness is pretty much expected at MTV events. Does anyone remember those...things...that Marilyn Manson and GF Rose McGowan wore one year? Yikes. And 'lil Kim has quite the fondness for pretty much completely baring her breasts in public, I've seen her in several variations of that outfit. I think it's her sartorial "thing"...for better or worse. (worse) By comparison, our Aly looks positively demure, if a bit mismatched. Honestly, if I set aside the outfits that are supposed to annoy me, the thing I disliked the most was the thing Christina Ricci was wearing. It made her torso look weird, and the shoulder things were weird..it was just weird and unflattering. Not happy about the "Meat" thing either, maybe it's a brilliant subtle in-joke, but I'm not holding my breath. -len IP: Logged |
kinney Floating Rose
Posts: 44 Registered: Jan 2001 | posted June 05, 2001 13:42 quote: Originally posted by Kabuki: [B]That MEAT pic really bugs me. Grrr. *swallows angry feminist rant*B]
lol, that's exactly what i'm trying to do right now! IP: Logged |
bothered Doll's eye crystal
Posts: 79 Registered: Feb 2001 | posted June 05, 2001 15:09 OMG!!! I love these pics!!! she looks soooooooo hot!!! eeerrrmm I mean, cool! thank you!!! btw, I can´t wait til they air here in Germany!!! I hope it´s soon! I wanna see her!!!
------------------ That´s me as a vampire? I´m so evil, and skanky...and I think I´m kinda gay. ~Willow in *Doppelgangland* IP: Logged |
Jamraza Floating Rose
Posts: 38 Registered: May 2001 | posted June 05, 2001 15:33 *Points out that men too can think that meat thing is a. very tacky and b. very VERY cheap*IP: Logged |
Princess Willow Cool Monster Fighter
Posts: 159 Registered: Mar 2001 | posted June 05, 2001 16:33 Ok...I just looked at all the pics at eZuma and really...why did Lil'Kim bother? Aly is one of the better dressed people there. Although my vote would be cast for Mena Suvari who looks adorable. Oh...and what the heck happened to Christina Ricci...she used to be cute. That dress makes her look like a dwarf.All their taste is in their mouths...as my mom would say. ------------------ "Lord what fools these mortals be." IP: Logged |
imperfectly Cool Monster Fighter
Posts: 182 Registered: May 2001 | posted June 05, 2001 16:51 You know, I’m not opposed to the bearing of flesh. Heck, I’m all for the occasional ogle. But looking at these celebrities with their “my outfit is skimpier than yours” fashions, it just makes me a little sad. When did sexy become skanky? Sigh.Though, I don’t care what Aly is wearing…She still looks cute in my book.
------------------ “Sassy eggs.” IP: Logged |
Hugin Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Posts: 787 Registered: Sep 2000 | posted June 05, 2001 17:09 I really think most of it isn't supposed to be sexy, but rather, startling. An outrageous outfit gets filmed and photgraphed and there's value in appearing to be daring or edgy or insane in pop media. These folks can do it with behavior, or with interview quotes (I mean, look at the goofy stuff Angelina Jolie spouts about her marriage every two weeks or so), or, at major public appearances like award shows, with costume. There are a few people who I assume legitimately have utterly wretched taste, who truly beleive they have made excellent fashion choices when in fact they have not, or folks who have miscalculated on one occasion or another. For example, the Ricci outfit is, I would guess, an honest miscalculation. But the 'lil Kim outfit? I'm quite convinced she knows precisely how tacky we feel it to be, and is quite gleeful about it. Ditto Aguilera. -len IP: Logged |
imperfectly Cool Monster Fighter
Posts: 182 Registered: May 2001 | posted June 05, 2001 17:23 That’s true, len, it’s all about the publicity.But in their attempt to look edgy/outrageous/starling, they start to just look the same. It becomes, just another star’s midriff. Just another star’s cleavage. Just another star’s ass (though, no objections to more Amber Butt…wait that’s a different post…) They defeat their own purpose with their desperate “look at me, look at me” mass fashion sense. p.s. Poor Christina Ricci. Girl, fire your fashion consultant…Now. ------------------ “Sassy eggs.”
[This message has been edited by imperfectly (edited June 05, 2001).] IP: Logged |
Dazey Willowhand
Posts: 499 Registered: Mar 2001 | posted June 05, 2001 17:59 len--"transgressive"? *shudder*I'll let it slide this time, but you start using words like "trope" and "normative" and it's over between us, got it? And, maybe I'm a bad feminist, but the Meat pic didn't bother me. I file it under the same category as the outfits: an attempt to be "provocative." Not provoking me. IP: Logged |
Hugin Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Posts: 787 Registered: Sep 2000 | posted June 05, 2001 22:06 Sorry Dazey dear.I very very occasionally will even stoop to using "paradigm", and making reference to "the state of being 'The Other'"...but I usually rein those impulses in reasonably well. I don't want the vestiges of my college social theory classes to come between us! -len [This message has been edited by Hugin (edited June 05, 2001).] IP: Logged |
WbBuffyfan00 Tara Ass
Posts: 529 Registered: Sep 2000 | posted June 05, 2001 22:58 well...putting aside all of the things that will probably offend me...I'm still excited about the movie awards...only two more days!!!-Amy ------------------ "You want to take a picture of my butt?...ummm...OK...You've got two seconds." -Amber IP: Logged |
[This message has been edited by Warduke (edited June 04, 2001).]
IP: Loggedmorgan1707Doll's eye crystal
Posts: 83
Registered: Apr 2001 posted June 04, 2001 13:33
Alyson looks very sexy in those pics, thanks for posting them!What a little minx!
IP: Logged
posted June 04, 2001 13:33 Alyson looks very sexy in those pics, thanks for posting them!What a little minx!
IP: LoggeddarvangiTara Ass
Posts: 629
Registered: Sep 2000 posted June 04, 2001 14:03
Thanks for the pics, Brian! Ok, do I even want to know what the 'meat' reference is all about? Probably not. Look! Aly's doing another dance move in that first pic! We need am MPEG of the whole dancing episode.With that heavy eye make up, she has a kind of cat-like look. Am I crazy for saying that? I really do see a feline thing going on there.
IP: Logged
posted June 04, 2001 14:03 Thanks for the pics, Brian! Ok, do I even want to know what the 'meat' reference is all about? Probably not. Look! Aly's doing another dance move in that first pic! We need am MPEG of the whole dancing episode.With that heavy eye make up, she has a kind of cat-like look. Am I crazy for saying that? I really do see a feline thing going on there.
IP: LoggedArwenCool Monster Fighter
Posts: 165
Registered: Apr 2001 posted June 04, 2001 16:19
Cool...aly pics, thanks! You're right, her outfit is...interesting. She's still our adorable Aly though. :-)Not to sound prudish or anything, but with people like Lil Kim, Christina, Pink, etc.. have they no sense of taste? Sure, I think it's sexy just like the next person when someone wears something really flattering, but outfits, or rather lack of ones like the one lil kim had on is just plain bad taste, bad manners, and gross. I'd rather see someone in a suit like Erika Dushku had on in her 'van pose' for her new movie, than seeing someone basically naked advertising it to the entire world. Nothing classy about that in my opinion, I think there is a place and time for certain outfits, and television awards isn't one of them.
I think classy gets more respect than..whatever that is.
edited to add: okay, you can start calling me a prude now. 
------------------
"I'm just taking stuff and not paying
for it. In what twisted dictionary
is that stealing?"
Willow to Anya, "Triangle"
[This message has been edited by Arwen (edited June 04, 2001).]
IP: Logged
posted June 04, 2001 16:19 Cool...aly pics, thanks! You're right, her outfit is...interesting. She's still our adorable Aly though. :-)Not to sound prudish or anything, but with people like Lil Kim, Christina, Pink, etc.. have they no sense of taste? Sure, I think it's sexy just like the next person when someone wears something really flattering, but outfits, or rather lack of ones like the one lil kim had on is just plain bad taste, bad manners, and gross. I'd rather see someone in a suit like Erika Dushku had on in her 'van pose' for her new movie, than seeing someone basically naked advertising it to the entire world. Nothing classy about that in my opinion, I think there is a place and time for certain outfits, and television awards isn't one of them.
I think classy gets more respect than..whatever that is.
edited to add: okay, you can start calling me a prude now. 
------------------
"I'm just taking stuff and not paying
for it. In what twisted dictionary
is that stealing?"
Willow to Anya, "Triangle"
[This message has been edited by Arwen (edited June 04, 2001).]
IP: Logged*Willow*Doll's eye crystal
Posts: 57
Registered: Apr 2001 posted June 04, 2001 16:42
Hey,love the pics warduke! Thank you very much!
I live in europe and we have to wait till june 16th, to see the movie awards aired here...everything is sooooo slow here in europe.....so it was great to see some pics so "early"...
*willow*
IP: Logged
posted June 04, 2001 16:42 Hey,love the pics warduke! Thank you very much!
I live in europe and we have to wait till june 16th, to see the movie awards aired here...everything is sooooo slow here in europe.....so it was great to see some pics so "early"...
*willow*
IP: LoggedWillows PuppyCool Monster Fighter
Posts: 201
Registered: Oct 2000 posted June 04, 2001 17:07
Hemiola: Didn't you say something slightly different over at the Kitten Board ? Somethink like "the MTV Movie Awards are more funky so her outfit should be more punky" ? I seem to remember something like that
.....*Willow*: Don't worry - I'm sure we will have screencaps before then - Nick (Dead Dog) knows about it ... wait, you said they air in Europe ? Where ? When ? Yummy !
Warduke: Didn't somebody post them here already ? That's why I didn't - I didn't want to double-post ....
I really like her outfit after I had some time to digest - it fits the occasion ....
IP: Logged
posted June 04, 2001 17:07 Hemiola: Didn't you say something slightly different over at the Kitten Board ? Somethink like "the MTV Movie Awards are more funky so her outfit should be more punky" ? I seem to remember something like that
.....*Willow*: Don't worry - I'm sure we will have screencaps before then - Nick (Dead Dog) knows about it ... wait, you said they air in Europe ? Where ? When ? Yummy !
Warduke: Didn't somebody post them here already ? That's why I didn't - I didn't want to double-post ....
I really like her outfit after I had some time to digest - it fits the occasion ....
IP: LoggedKabukiDoll's eye crystal
Posts: 69
Registered: Apr 2001 posted June 04, 2001 17:11
That MEAT pic really bugs me. Grrr. *swallows angry feminist rant*On anyone else, that outfit would look really ugly, but Aly's workin it. Have to see it live to be sure, though. I'd better go convince one of my pals with MTV to tape it for me.
IP: Logged
posted June 04, 2001 17:11 That MEAT pic really bugs me. Grrr. *swallows angry feminist rant*On anyone else, that outfit would look really ugly, but Aly's workin it. Have to see it live to be sure, though. I'd better go convince one of my pals with MTV to tape it for me.
IP: LoggedWardukeBig Pineapple
Posts: 1142
Registered: Nov 2000 posted June 04, 2001 17:17
Willows Puppy, nope they weren't posted here before.IP: Logged
posted June 04, 2001 17:17 Willows Puppy, nope they weren't posted here before.IP: LoggedDazeyWillowhand
Posts: 499
Registered: Mar 2001 posted June 04, 2001 18:12
Egads...Christina Aguilera looks more like Dee Snider every day.But ooh, saucy Aly! True, her taste in clothing makes Willow look like...uh...somebody with good taste in clothing (leave me alone, I had a rough weekend), but hey, she's always unique.
Although I think her shoes are exceeding the legal limit for strappiness.
IP: Logged
posted June 04, 2001 18:12 Egads...Christina Aguilera looks more like Dee Snider every day.But ooh, saucy Aly! True, her taste in clothing makes Willow look like...uh...somebody with good taste in clothing (leave me alone, I had a rough weekend), but hey, she's always unique.
Although I think her shoes are exceeding the legal limit for strappiness.
IP: LoggedRoxtonStrong like an Amazon
Posts: 2628
Registered: Sep 2000 posted June 04, 2001 20:31
Thanks for posting the pics Brian, does Aly ever look sexy in them. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like Aly's outfit, I think it's kind of cute. 
IP: Logged
posted June 04, 2001 20:31 Thanks for posting the pics Brian, does Aly ever look sexy in them. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like Aly's outfit, I think it's kind of cute.
IP: Loggedwiltar4evrCool Monster Fighter
Posts: 176
Registered: Mar 2001 posted June 04, 2001 23:38
Thank you Queen of Denial. I usually watch the MTV movie awards but now I really can't miss it this year. Yeah Aly is presenting!!! 
------------------
WILLOW: ...I'd totally be blowing off classes if I was in Dawnie's shoes.
TARA: Sweetie, you wouldn't blow off class if your head was on fire.
IP: Logged
posted June 04, 2001 23:38 Thank you Queen of Denial. I usually watch the MTV movie awards but now I really can't miss it this year. Yeah Aly is presenting!!! 
------------------
WILLOW: ...I'd totally be blowing off classes if I was in Dawnie's shoes.
TARA: Sweetie, you wouldn't blow off class if your head was on fire.
IP: LoggedWillows PuppyCool Monster Fighter
Posts: 201
Registered: Oct 2000 posted June 05, 2001 12:12
Warduke: Yeah, my memory is kinda crappy
..... thanks for rectifying my "mistake"
....Roxton: But it's a comfortable minority, isn't it ?
I think she looks great - although I couldn't fail to notice that she seems to be going for "brunette" again - or it could be the pics .....
Dazey: There is a legal limit for strappiness ? 
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 12:12 Warduke: Yeah, my memory is kinda crappy
..... thanks for rectifying my "mistake"
....Roxton: But it's a comfortable minority, isn't it ?
I think she looks great - although I couldn't fail to notice that she seems to be going for "brunette" again - or it could be the pics .....
Dazey: There is a legal limit for strappiness ? 
IP: LoggedtommoStrong like an Amazon
Posts: 2556
Registered: Sep 2000 posted June 05, 2001 12:15
Oh Aly looks very much like a...heh heh... a vixen there...I wonder if this is being shown in the UK on MTV? Does anyone know?
------------------
"It doesn't matter, really, if I don't see Willow tonight, she knew. Willow was in her life, for keeps. That was what mattered." ~ Tara, Unseen: The Burning
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 12:15 Oh Aly looks very much like a...heh heh... a vixen there...I wonder if this is being shown in the UK on MTV? Does anyone know?
------------------
"It doesn't matter, really, if I don't see Willow tonight, she knew. Willow was in her life, for keeps. That was what mattered." ~ Tara, Unseen: The Burning
IP: LoggeddarvangiTara Ass
Posts: 629
Registered: Sep 2000 posted June 05, 2001 12:48
Ruth, the mtv UK site (http://www.mtv.co.uk/) says that it will be shown June 9th at 8pm.The more I think about it, yeah, what Aly's wearing does seem pretty appropriate for the occasion. MTV is the place to find obnoxiously tacky and overtly sexy clothing, so she's pretty much just blending in, and doing a good job of it. I'm changing my mind and giving it a thumbs-up.
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 12:48 Ruth, the mtv UK site (http://www.mtv.co.uk/) says that it will be shown June 9th at 8pm.The more I think about it, yeah, what Aly's wearing does seem pretty appropriate for the occasion. MTV is the place to find obnoxiously tacky and overtly sexy clothing, so she's pretty much just blending in, and doing a good job of it. I'm changing my mind and giving it a thumbs-up.
IP: LoggedHuginMs. Moderator
Fantastico
Posts: 787
Registered: Sep 2000Ms. Moderator
Fantastico posted June 05, 2001 13:18
(It's been a slow day, I slogged through thw whole MTV picture folder at ezuma)I have to agree. A certain level of transgressive tackiness is pretty much expected at MTV events. Does anyone remember those...things...that Marilyn Manson and GF Rose McGowan wore one year? Yikes.
And 'lil Kim has quite the fondness for pretty much completely baring her breasts in public, I've seen her in several variations of that outfit. I think it's her sartorial "thing"...for better or worse. (worse)
By comparison, our Aly looks positively demure, if a bit mismatched. Honestly, if I set aside the outfits that are supposed to annoy me, the thing I disliked the most was the thing Christina Ricci was wearing. It made her torso look weird, and the shoulder things were weird..it was just weird and unflattering.
Not happy about the "Meat" thing either, maybe it's a brilliant subtle in-joke, but I'm not holding my breath.
-len
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 13:18 (It's been a slow day, I slogged through thw whole MTV picture folder at ezuma)I have to agree. A certain level of transgressive tackiness is pretty much expected at MTV events. Does anyone remember those...things...that Marilyn Manson and GF Rose McGowan wore one year? Yikes.
And 'lil Kim has quite the fondness for pretty much completely baring her breasts in public, I've seen her in several variations of that outfit. I think it's her sartorial "thing"...for better or worse. (worse)
By comparison, our Aly looks positively demure, if a bit mismatched. Honestly, if I set aside the outfits that are supposed to annoy me, the thing I disliked the most was the thing Christina Ricci was wearing. It made her torso look weird, and the shoulder things were weird..it was just weird and unflattering.
Not happy about the "Meat" thing either, maybe it's a brilliant subtle in-joke, but I'm not holding my breath.
-len
IP: LoggedkinneyFloating Rose
Posts: 44
Registered: Jan 2001 posted June 05, 2001 13:42
quote:
Originally posted by Kabuki:
[B]That MEAT pic really bugs me. Grrr. *swallows angry feminist rant*B]
lol, that's exactly what i'm trying to do right now!
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 13:42 quote:
Originally posted by Kabuki:
[B]That MEAT pic really bugs me. Grrr. *swallows angry feminist rant*B]
lol, that's exactly what i'm trying to do right now!
quote:IP: LoggedbotheredDoll's eye crystal
Posts: 79
Registered: Feb 2001 posted June 05, 2001 15:09
OMG!!! I love these pics!!! she looks soooooooo hot!!! eeerrrmm I mean, cool! thank you!!!
btw, I can´t wait til they air here in Germany!!! I hope it´s soon! I wanna see her!!!
------------------
That´s me as a vampire? I´m so evil, and skanky...and I think I´m kinda gay. ~Willow in *Doppelgangland*
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 15:09 OMG!!! I love these pics!!! she looks soooooooo hot!!! eeerrrmm I mean, cool! thank you!!!
btw, I can´t wait til they air here in Germany!!! I hope it´s soon! I wanna see her!!!
------------------
That´s me as a vampire? I´m so evil, and skanky...and I think I´m kinda gay. ~Willow in *Doppelgangland*
OMG!!! I love these pics!!! she looks soooooooo hot!!! eeerrrmm I mean, cool! thank you!!!IP: LoggedJamrazaFloating Rose
Posts: 38
Registered: May 2001 posted June 05, 2001 15:33
*Points out that men too can think that meat thing is a. very tacky and b. very VERY cheap*IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 15:33 *Points out that men too can think that meat thing is a. very tacky and b. very VERY cheap*IP: LoggedPrincess WillowCool Monster Fighter
Posts: 159
Registered: Mar 2001 posted June 05, 2001 16:33
Ok...I just looked at all the pics at eZuma and really...why did Lil'Kim bother? Aly is one of the better dressed people there. Although my vote would be cast for Mena Suvari who looks adorable. Oh...and what the heck happened to Christina Ricci...she used to be cute. That dress makes her look like a dwarf.All their taste is in their mouths...as my mom would say.
------------------
"Lord what fools these mortals be."
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 16:33 Ok...I just looked at all the pics at eZuma and really...why did Lil'Kim bother? Aly is one of the better dressed people there. Although my vote would be cast for Mena Suvari who looks adorable. Oh...and what the heck happened to Christina Ricci...she used to be cute. That dress makes her look like a dwarf.All their taste is in their mouths...as my mom would say.
------------------
"Lord what fools these mortals be."
IP: LoggedimperfectlyCool Monster Fighter
Posts: 182
Registered: May 2001 posted June 05, 2001 16:51
You know, I’m not opposed to the bearing of flesh. Heck, I’m all for the occasional ogle. But looking at these celebrities with their “my outfit is skimpier than yours” fashions, it just makes me a little sad. When did sexy become skanky? Sigh.Though, I don’t care what Aly is wearing…She still looks cute in my book.
------------------
“Sassy eggs.”
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 16:51 You know, I’m not opposed to the bearing of flesh. Heck, I’m all for the occasional ogle. But looking at these celebrities with their “my outfit is skimpier than yours” fashions, it just makes me a little sad. When did sexy become skanky? Sigh.Though, I don’t care what Aly is wearing…She still looks cute in my book.
------------------
“Sassy eggs.”
IP: LoggedHuginMs. Moderator
Fantastico
Posts: 787
Registered: Sep 2000Ms. Moderator
Fantastico posted June 05, 2001 17:09
I really think most of it isn't supposed to be sexy, but rather, startling. An outrageous outfit gets filmed and photgraphed and there's value in appearing to be daring or edgy or insane in pop media. These folks can do it with behavior, or with interview quotes (I mean, look at the goofy stuff Angelina Jolie spouts about her marriage every two weeks or so), or, at major public appearances like award shows, with costume.
There are a few people who I assume legitimately have utterly wretched taste, who truly beleive they have made excellent fashion choices when in fact they have not, or folks who have miscalculated on one occasion or another. For example, the Ricci outfit is, I would guess, an honest miscalculation. But the 'lil Kim outfit? I'm quite convinced she knows precisely how tacky we feel it to be, and is quite gleeful about it. Ditto Aguilera.
-len
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 17:09 I really think most of it isn't supposed to be sexy, but rather, startling. An outrageous outfit gets filmed and photgraphed and there's value in appearing to be daring or edgy or insane in pop media. These folks can do it with behavior, or with interview quotes (I mean, look at the goofy stuff Angelina Jolie spouts about her marriage every two weeks or so), or, at major public appearances like award shows, with costume.
There are a few people who I assume legitimately have utterly wretched taste, who truly beleive they have made excellent fashion choices when in fact they have not, or folks who have miscalculated on one occasion or another. For example, the Ricci outfit is, I would guess, an honest miscalculation. But the 'lil Kim outfit? I'm quite convinced she knows precisely how tacky we feel it to be, and is quite gleeful about it. Ditto Aguilera.
-len
IP: LoggedimperfectlyCool Monster Fighter
Posts: 182
Registered: May 2001 posted June 05, 2001 17:23
That’s true, len, it’s all about the publicity.But in their attempt to look edgy/outrageous/starling, they start to just look the same. It becomes, just another star’s midriff. Just another star’s cleavage. Just another star’s ass (though, no objections to more Amber Butt…wait that’s a different post…) They defeat their own purpose with their desperate “look at me, look at me” mass fashion sense.
p.s. Poor Christina Ricci. Girl, fire your fashion consultant…Now.
------------------
“Sassy eggs.”
[This message has been edited by imperfectly (edited June 05, 2001).]
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 17:23 That’s true, len, it’s all about the publicity.But in their attempt to look edgy/outrageous/starling, they start to just look the same. It becomes, just another star’s midriff. Just another star’s cleavage. Just another star’s ass (though, no objections to more Amber Butt…wait that’s a different post…) They defeat their own purpose with their desperate “look at me, look at me” mass fashion sense.
p.s. Poor Christina Ricci. Girl, fire your fashion consultant…Now.
------------------
“Sassy eggs.”
[This message has been edited by imperfectly (edited June 05, 2001).]
IP: LoggedDazeyWillowhand
Posts: 499
Registered: Mar 2001 posted June 05, 2001 17:59
len--"transgressive"? *shudder*I'll let it slide this time, but you start using words like "trope" and "normative" and it's over between us, got it?
And, maybe I'm a bad feminist, but the Meat pic didn't bother me. I file it under the same category as the outfits: an attempt to be "provocative." Not provoking me.
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 17:59 len--"transgressive"? *shudder*I'll let it slide this time, but you start using words like "trope" and "normative" and it's over between us, got it?
And, maybe I'm a bad feminist, but the Meat pic didn't bother me. I file it under the same category as the outfits: an attempt to be "provocative." Not provoking me.
IP: LoggedHuginMs. Moderator
Fantastico
Posts: 787
Registered: Sep 2000Ms. Moderator
Fantastico posted June 05, 2001 22:06
Sorry Dazey dear.I very very occasionally will even stoop to using "paradigm", and making reference to "the state of being 'The Other'"...but I usually rein those impulses in reasonably well.
I don't want the vestiges of my college social theory classes to come between us!
-len
[This message has been edited by Hugin (edited June 05, 2001).]
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 22:06 Sorry Dazey dear.I very very occasionally will even stoop to using "paradigm", and making reference to "the state of being 'The Other'"...but I usually rein those impulses in reasonably well.
I don't want the vestiges of my college social theory classes to come between us!
-len
[This message has been edited by Hugin (edited June 05, 2001).]
IP: LoggedWbBuffyfan00Tara Ass
Posts: 529
Registered: Sep 2000 posted June 05, 2001 22:58
well...putting aside all of the things that will probably offend me...I'm still excited about the movie awards...only two more days!!!-Amy
------------------
"You want to take a picture of my butt?...ummm...OK...You've got two seconds." -Amber
IP: Logged
posted June 05, 2001 22:58 well...putting aside all of the things that will probably offend me...I'm still excited about the movie awards...only two more days!!!-Amy
------------------
"You want to take a picture of my butt?...ummm...OK...You've got two seconds." -Amber