Skip to content


Very Cool Ad banner, near and dear to our hearts

Buffy stuff. Open to everyone now.

Very Cool Ad banner, near and dear to our hearts

Postby helpful information perha » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:18 pm

check out the banner running at the TWoP Forums





Edited by xita to say, this ad is not affiliated in any way to the kitten board.

Edited by: DrG at: 2/23/03 10:35:26 pm
helpful information perha
 


Re: Very Cool Ad banner, near and dear to our hearts

Postby skittles » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:25 pm

Oh, yeah!!! Oh, Yeah!!! OH YEAH!!!



:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

skittles



"These woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. And miles to go before I sleep."

-- Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost

skittles
 


Re: Very Cool Ad banner, near and dear to our hearts

Postby Kalita » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:29 pm

So VERY, VERY cool.



Closer examination of said website shows something interesting... I'll let y'all figure it out.

"...you can make those two characters as dewey-eyed in love and it would never be too much."

-Chris Golden, on W/T

Edited by: Kalita  at: 1/20/03 8:38:47 pm
Kalita
 


Re: Very Cool Ad banner, near and dear to our hearts

Postby willow4tara2gether4eva » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:37 pm

I had to click the banner for some screw reason all I could see was white in the banner space (I don't use any type of ad blockers either, so I am not sure why), but I clicked the link and aye curumba!!!



seriously cool.

willow4tara2gether4eva
 


Re: Very Cool Ad banner, near and dear to our hearts

Postby xita » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:46 pm

While certainly I relate to the message that without Tara I am not watching and this board doesn't support BtVS.



The ad is in no way connected with the board. There is no affiliation.

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.

Tallulah Bankhead

xita
 


Cool Banner

Postby famer » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:15 pm

Woo and Hoo!!!



Frickin' Fantasmagoric Banner!



Hopefully the word will spread and UPN will get lots and lots of e-mail saying:



We Miss Amber!

Edited by: famer at: 1/21/03 7:11:17 am
famer
 


Re: Cool Banner

Postby Patches » Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:40 pm

The banner ad might not be affiliated with TWoP, but someone spent $100 to post it on the site (I just happened to notice a posting on TWoP - "put your message here $100/day"). Kinda surprised at the link - Xtreme games??? Hey, I loved it though.

You know I've heard about people like me. But I never made the connection. They walk one road to set them free, And find they've gone the wrong direction. But there's no need for turning back 'cause all roads lead to where I stand. And I believe I'll walk them all No matter what I may have planned

Patches
 


Re: Very Cool Ad banner, near and dear to our hearts

Postby mscheckmate » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:08 am

Outstanding.:clap



That made my evening.





"I really, really love giving you a hard time. I'm starting to think of it as foreplay." Mrs. Mscheckmate

mscheckmate
 


Re: Very Cool Ad banner, near and dear to our hearts

Postby DRUSILLA LOVER » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:34 am

pretty cool. I wonder who paid for that and started it....Do you think it will change there minds about bringing tara back alive?

DRUSILLA LOVER
 


Ad

Postby famer » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:38 am



$100/day?! It'll be worth it if it gets ME's attention.



did you guys notice that there's an e-mail address at the bottom of the ad? I don't know if it's just for web stuff or what.

famer
 


Re: Ad

Postby atse28 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:02 am

Unfortunately I don't see how they can bring Tara back....all I've read is that they may bring Amber Benson back as another character.



We can only hope.

atse28
 


Re: Ad

Postby xita » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:24 am

You know let's keep the talk about that ad, we know Amber isn't coming back. Everyone knows that. And we all know why, THANK YOU AMBER BENSON! There is a thread for that somewhere on the board.

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.

Tallulah Bankhead

xita
 


Re: Ad

Postby tommo » Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:35 am

I actually think it's a little odd that this banner should appear now, such a long time after the event. However, that doesn't detract from the sentiment. :)



She's the cutest of the Kittens with her tits as warm as mittens and her firm yet supple...tight embrace...

tommo
 


Re: Ad

Postby themagicpixie » Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:46 am

I love this banner. I love the ad! People are commenting about it in the Tara forum on TWoP.

themagicpixie
 


Re: Ad

Postby dekalog » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:10 am

kinda says it all - don't it



plus always good to see that beautiful smiling face - just yummy:heart

dekalog
 


Re: Ad

Postby helpful information perha » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:12 am

Tommo



I could be way off base - but my read on the ad - its fans who have read the spoilers and want to give props to Amber/let her know that Tara is missed/not forgotten and Ambers stand appreciated. so I'm using those email pull downs/sending post cards to the suits











helpful information perha
 


Re: Ad

Postby tommo » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:19 am

Yes hip, I understand why the ad is there, thank you. But like xita said, Amber's explained it all enough for me. :)



She's the cutest of the Kittens with her tits as warm as mittens and her firm yet supple...tight embrace...

tommo
 


Re: Ad

Postby urnofosiris » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:25 am

HIP, I really don't think anything will get through to the producers of that show, after all that happened they still seem utterly and totally unwilling to consider even for a millisecond the possibility that just maybe there is this infinitessimal teeny tiny microscopic chance that lately they are not -and have not- been telling the greatest story of all time and that maybe other people may actually have a valid points when they criticize it and them. I admire and appreciate your steadfastness and loyalty to WT and my pessimism aside I really do hope this will help.

-------------------------


Coffee, Food, Kisses and Gay Love........Get it while you are hot

urnofosiris
 


Re: Ad

Postby J uk » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:47 am

Doh. Never mind, I had ad blocking on.



I do think this is worth supporting (so thanks, whoever did it ;) ). It won't change anything, but it's a very good time to remind people that - Hey, Willows soulmate just died.



(Even more edits because I forgot which board I was on).

Edited by: J uk at: 1/21/03 6:03:54 am
J uk
 


Re: Ad

Postby tiyodragon » Tue Jan 21, 2003 7:55 am

Cool banner. I clicked through the banner to the next screen and saw the message and the opportunity to email, but the email button wouldn't work. :(



Later,

Tiyo :cool

‘My girlfriend is a goddess,’ Willow thought again. ‘She is so gonna’ kick his ass.’ She almost smiled as she heard a song in her mind. ‘My girlfriend’s back and you’re gonna’ be in trouble…" Willow cleared her throat and looked around the room. ‘Okay,’ she thought. ‘I have lost it. -Tears of the Goddess by Lisa Countryman

tiyodragon
 


Re: Ad

Postby helpful information perha » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:07 am

DrG/Tommo



I don't think anything will "get through" either



and like I said - I could be way off base but



my read was that the ad was a way to give "props"/salute Amber and her choice



It sure does make it known that fans remember and care

helpful information perha
 


Re: Ad

Postby urnofosiris » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:23 am

Ah Sorry HIP, I did not read it as a salute to Amber, given the text in the banner it looks like an attempt to convince the people at ME to bring Tara back and a tribute to WT/Tara at the same time. If the intend was to salute or thank Amber then maybe the text should have said so to make it more clear.

-------------------------


Coffee, Food, Kisses and Gay Love........Get it while you are hot

urnofosiris
 


Re: Ad

Postby helpful information perha » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:30 am

I think it sort of a left handed way of giving amber props by showing her that people still care and want tara back



but your right a outright "Thanks" to her would also be nice



now if I only had a spare 100 - anyone got a spare $100?

Edited by: helpful information perhaps at: 1/21/03 7:48:38 am
helpful information perha
 


Re: Ad

Postby Firefoot » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:41 am

This is a very nice banner that I fear will fall on deaf ears and blind eyes. :(



Firefoot



PS. Look, look! I'm a floating rose!! :D

"The holy passion of friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last for a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money."

--Mark Twain

Firefoot
 


Ad

Postby kpmuse » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:23 am

It sure is nice to see Amber's beautiful smile showing people that she is very loved. That Willow and Tara were very meaningful and special to alot of people and the ad shows that people have not forgotten about Tara even if the show has.



It can't be said often enough how special Tara and Willow are and they will NEVER be forgotten! :heart

kpmuse
 


Re: Ad

Postby WebWarlock » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:58 pm

Yes, I built that website.



But I am not at liberty to say who paid for it. This was a "hired" gig.



For my money though, anytime the connection is made between Tara's murder and Buffy's falling ratings I am a happy guy.



Will it bring Amber/Tara back? No.

Will it get back to ME/UPN/Fox? Who knows. Well, actually I do.



But hopefully, years from now we will hear a conversation like this:



"Buffy? Oh, yeah, that was that show that was canned after they killed off Amber Benson's character."

"What idiot would get rid of Amber Benson?"



I think the banner looks great myself. The website is simple and to the point.



I also happen to think that this is a ver good article, Ten Ways That Charmed is Better Than Buffy.



Warlock

-----

Web Warlock

The Other Side,
home of Liber Mysterium: The Netbook of Witches and Warlocks


"Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

WebWarlock
 


Re: Ad

Postby sparrow » Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:33 pm

Nice banner





And yet, I just can't seem to care
What no hug

sparrow
 


Re: Ad

Postby La » Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:28 pm

yay! cool banner :)

~La



"Come out that I may send you to hell!"

~Joan as played by Leelee Sobieski to Lord Glasdale in the Joan of Arc miniseries

La
 


Re:

Postby chilled monkey » Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:35 pm

WebWarlock, you are absolutely right! I bet you that within a few years, someone will be having the conversation you described.



And thank you for the link to the article. Charmed really does knock the spots off Buffy doesn't it?

chilled monkey
 


Re: Ad

Postby VampNo12 » Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:51 pm

Quite a stunning banner, well done :) ! Yes, the message will "fall on deaf ears", but ME can't deny what impact the loss of Amber/Tara has had on their ratings (it's time they wake-up to reality).

VampNo12
 

Next

Return to Board index

Return to The Litterbox

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


Powered by phpBB The phpBB Group © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007
Style based on a Cosa Nostra Design